Europe, Russia & Central Asia
The Scowcroft Group has helped clients assess and pursue opportunities in countries throughout the region, including Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, the Baltic States, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
These opportunities have principally been in the following areas: energy and natural resources, the financial sector, transportation, and telecommunications.
- Advised a Fortune 100 company on a $122 million transaction in Central Asia in the transportation sector.
- Advised an independent U.S. oil company on sale of Turkish gas assets valued at $100 million.
- Advised one of the world’s largest banks on inbound Russian investment and specific country risk issues.
- Assisted a major U.S. retailer on market entry strategy into Russia.
- Supported a financial institution on the privatization of a downstream oil and gas opportunity in South-Eastern Europe.
- Advised a financial institution on natural resource investment strategies in Russia.
- Advised several U.S. financial and manufacturing companies on market-entry strategies in the region, such as Turkey, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Russia.