The Scowcroft Group has advised and supported clients operating in China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and the Philippines. This has included work in the energy, telecommunications, transportation, financial services, chemicals, defense and food products sectors. Our activities have ranged from political risk assessment to developing financial work-out strategies.
- Working with the largest U.S. investor in China to revise its China/Asia business plan, support new capital investments in excess of $1 billion, and develop a government relations strategy to cope with the changing regulatory environment.
- Assisted one of the world’s largest insurance companies in its successful effort to win a China business license and create sustainable relationships with regulators and key policy makers.
- Successfully resolved one of the largest equity investment disputes in China, achieving the return of invested capital and profits to the foreign participants.
Assisted Fortune 100 companies on government relations strategies in Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Myanmar.
Helped a leading US energy services company settle a longstanding dispute with the Government of India involving the largest arbitration award ever against an Indian parastatal.
- Advised one of the world’s leading online financial firms on its foreign direct investment and export strategy for China in light of the evolving regulatory and political environment for financial services.
- Supported a U.S. technology firm in one of the largest acquisitions of a Chinese subsidiary.
- Advised the largest China vehicle joint venture on its corporate strategy and product development, providing guidance in resolving a multi-billion dollar commercial dispute with local partners without penalties or litigation.